[wxPython] Editors, shells and other IDE stuff

[wxPython] Editors, shells and other IDE stuff

Ken Seehof-2
Two things I'll probably eventually have to write unless someone else is
already doing it:

1. Extend wxPyEditor to have most of the PythonWin features. (I like the
F12 folding feature)
2. Put PyShell in one window.

Are these being done?  If not, I'll probably get around to it sometime
in May.

If these are done, I'll probably be working on project management stuff
like editing, compiling
and reloading c-extension modules (and python modules) from within my
app (an IDE for
artificial neural nets called Neural Integrator).  I'll hopefully be
borrowing a lot from other
IDE projects (and contributing what I can't borrow :-).

- Ken Seehof

Re: [wxPython] Editors, shells and other IDE stuff

Robin Dunn
> Two things I'll probably eventually have to write unless someone else is
> already doing it:
>
> 1. Extend wxPyEditor to have most of the PythonWin features. (I like the
> F12 folding feature)

My wxStyledTextEditor is nearing completion.  It is wrapped around Scintilla
which is the same editor used in PythonWin, but it will have a true wx style
programming interface.  As part of doing this I created a new "platform" for
Scintilla using wxWindows so it will be able to go wherever wxWindows goes,
not just win32 and gtk.

> 2. Put PyShell in one window.

I plan on doing this with wxStyledTextEditor soon.