[wxPython] Drag Drop on MDI

Lorne-2
The basic Drag and Drop File works fine on things like a Canvas component.

When I connect that component in an MDI it doesn't seem to work.  I've tried
connecting the event to MDI itself, the Canvas component, but nothing responds.

Any ideas what to try, or do I have to wait for the full blown DnD?

Lorne White

Re: [wxPython] Drag Drop on MDI

Robin Dunn
> The basic Drag and Drop File works fine on things like a Canvas component.
>
> When I connect that component in an MDI it doesn't seem to work.  I've
tried
> connecting the event to MDI itself, the Canvas component, but nothing
responds.

> Any ideas what to try, or do I have to wait for the full blown DnD?

Looking at the code I don't see why it wouldn't work in an MDI window, but
I'll keep looking.

The good news is that the DnD and clipboard classes are being restructured
once again, but this time it looks like there is consensus and it is
actually understandable for me as well.  It will probably be solidified in
the next few days and then I'll start adding it to wxPython.