[wxPython] Creating wxPython on IRIX

Schaeffler
Hello,

on the wxPython-homepage is the information that wxPython uses " wxGTK
and version 1.2.3 of gtk+ "
on the wx-homepage is a reference to gtk+ 1.0.6,  that wxWindows2 uses ?

What to do ?

greetings
  harald schaeffler

---
Harald Schäffler
BMW Group
Forschungs- und Ingenieurzentrum
Technologie Montage CA-Technik
TI-410

80788 Muenchen, Germany

Phone  +49 89 38243531
Fax    +49 89 38247140
Email: [hidden email]

Re: [wxPython] Creating wxPython on IRIX

Robin Dunn
> on the wxPython-homepage is the information that wxPython uses " wxGTK
> and version 1.2.3 of gtk+ "
> on the wx-homepage is a reference to gtk+ 1.0.6,  that wxWindows2 uses ?

The version on the wxWindows homepage is the released version of 2.01, we
have since moved on to snapshot (or beta) releases of 2.1.  See
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/~wxxt/ for more details on wxGTK.  (One day all
these web sites will be integrated so people will be able to more easily
find these kinds of answers.)

There should be an official release of 2.1 within a couple weeks.

[wxPython] wxPython on SGI

Schaeffler
Hello,

i'm on the way...

* after compiling glib-1.2.3 and gtk+-1.2.3 (which works fine)

* i tried to compile wxGTK-2.1.0-b9 (strange, won't work with sgi cc,
  without any errors with egcs) ...

* compiled python from scratch

* tried to compile wxPython...

? how to tell build make -> "setenv MAKE /usr/local/bin/gmake"  doesn't work
  -> small edit in build

? how to tell bild CC/CCC -> gcc/g++ also edit in build.py ?

* btw. is it possible to use gtk-themes with wxWindows/wxPython
  to make it more motif/mac/or what else like

harald

--
Harald Schäffler
BMW Group
Forschungs- und Ingenieurzentrum
Technologie Montage CA-Technik
TI-410

80788 Muenchen, Germany

Phone  +49 89 38243531
Fax    +49 89 38247140
Email: [hidden email]

Re: [wxPython] wxPython on SGI

Robin Dunn
> * tried to compile wxPython...
>
> ? how to tell build make -> "setenv MAKE /usr/local/bin/gmake"  doesn't
work
>   -> small edit in build
>
> ? how to tell bild CC/CCC -> gcc/g++ also edit in build.py ?

You can set overrides like this in a file named build.local.

> * btw. is it possible to use gtk-themes with wxWindows/wxPython
>   to make it more motif/mac/or what else like

Yes, wxGTK apps will honor any themes that are set.  I don't know how to do
this without running GNOME/Enlightenment window manager though.