[wxPython] Control color

Jochen Schaeuble-2
Hi !
  Yeah... It's me once more *g*. This time I wanted to draw a wxChoice on a
black
  background. The problem is that the control is drawn using this background
color...
  And I have some minor problems to see a black control on a black
background *g*.
  Is there a way to change the color used to draw the control?

Thx in advance
  Jochen

Re: [wxPython] Control color

Robin Dunn
> Hi !
>   Yeah... It's me once more *g*. This time I wanted to draw a wxChoice on a
> black
>   background. The problem is that the control is drawn using this
background
> color...
>   And I have some minor problems to see a black control on a black
> background *g*.
>   Is there a way to change the color used to draw the control?

Have you tried calling SetBackgroundColour on the wxChoice?  Depending on the
platform it may or may not do something.  Another trick is to not set the
background colour of the window until after the control has been created (it
inherits it's parent's colours by default)