[wxPython] Can I use wx resources w/wxPython?

[wxPython] Can I use wx resources w/wxPython?

Kevin Dahlhausen
I've looked, and I think the answer is not yet, but just in case...
Is there a way to use the output of the dialog editor with wxPython?
It doesn't seem that wxResourceTable is wrapped yet.

Thanks........

Re: [wxPython] Can I use wx resources w/wxPython?

Robin Dunn

> I've looked, and I think the answer is not yet, but just in case...
> Is there a way to use the output of the dialog editor with wxPython?
> It doesn't seem that wxResourceTable is wrapped yet.

You should be able to use wxResourceParseString or wxResourceParseFile
without the wxResourceTable parameter.  The big stumbling block upto this
release is that once you have created a window from a resource, you couldn't
access child controls because the object returned from
wxWindow.FindWindowById was a wxWindow, not a wxTextCtrl or whatever.  Now
there is the wxPyTypeCast helper function to essentially allow downcasting
from the wxWindow to the actual type of the control.  (Note:  I havn't tried
this with resources yet, but it should work.)