[wxPython] Calendar control?

Harri Pasanen-3
I'll be needing a calendar control for date entry.  I mean that instead of
typing in a date like 13.05.1999, the user can select it from a calendar.

Ideally the it would respect internationalization, but for my purposes a
hard-coded formatting is good enough for now.

This is just an idle query whether such a thing exists already?

If not, I've considered writing one in wxPython, using the Dates.py that
comes with Python.  (wxDate does not seem to be wrapped, hope I'm not again
missing things...).  Shouldn't take more than an hour or two really, just
don't want to duplicate work.

If it doesn't exist, I presume it would make a good contrib to wxPython?

Harri

Re: [wxPython] Calendar control?

Robin Dunn
> I'll be needing a calendar control for date entry.  I mean that instead of
> typing in a date like 13.05.1999, the user can select it from a calendar.
>
> Ideally the it would respect internationalization, but for my purposes a
> hard-coded formatting is good enough for now.
>
> This is just an idle query whether such a thing exists already?

Not that I know of.  I actually have it on my todo list but havn't gotten to
it yet.

> If not, I've considered writing one in wxPython, using the Dates.py that
> comes with Python.  (wxDate does not seem to be wrapped, hope I'm not
again
> missing things...).

It's not.  The last I heard people weren't too pleased with its
implementation and it was going to be redone, so I havn't bothered yet.  On
the other hand, that was some time ago so it may have been done by now, I
don't know...

> Shouldn't take more than an hour or two really, just
> don't want to duplicate work.
>
> If it doesn't exist, I presume it would make a good contrib to wxPython?

Yes, dinfintly.