[wxPython] ActiveX Controls in wxPython Demo

[wxPython] ActiveX Controls in wxPython Demo

Willy Heineman
I have a demonstration file showing how to use ActiveX controls in
wxPython (for win32 users only, sorry):

 http://www.uconect.net/~wheineman/python/ActiveXDemo.py

Thanks to Mark Hammond and Robin, I can flush VB from my machine.

Cheers,

Willy

Re: [wxPython] ActiveX Controls in wxPython Demo

Robin Dunn
> I have a demonstration file showing how to use ActiveX controls in
> wxPython (for win32 users only, sorry):
>
>  http://www.uconect.net/~wheineman/python/ActiveXDemo.py

Awesome!  Just yesterday I added an item to my ToDo list to figure out how to
use ActiveX/COM/whatever-they're-calling-it-today controls in a wxPython
program.  Thanks for saving me the work!  <grin>

> Thanks to Mark Hammond and Robin, I can flush VB from my machine.

One down, ninty gazillion to go!

Thanks Willy!

RE: [wxPython] ActiveX Controls in wxPython Demo

Mike  Fletcher
Agreed, beautiful.  I have to play with this when I get a chance :) .

I'd had the same thing on my todo list (getting an ActiveX control to run in
wxPython).  We'll likely need to create a class that passes resize messages
in, allows for passing windows messages out, etceteras before it becomes
mainstream.  Wish I had time to play with it now :( .

Enjoy,
Mike

> I have a demonstration file showing how to use ActiveX controls in
> wxPython (for win32 users only, sorry):
>
>  http://www.uconect.net/~wheineman/python/ActiveXDemo.py

Awesome! ...

[wxPython] Pygasm

Gary Greyling-2
Downloaded, unzipped, python Pygasm.py ....

importing wxPython...
imported wxPython
imported Editor
imported PaletteMapping
imported Editor
imported Inspector
imported Palette
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "Pygasm.py", line 68, in ?
    main()
  File "Pygasm.py", line 63, in main
    app = PygasmApp(0)
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/wx.py", line 1595, in __init__
    _wxStart(self.OnInit)
  File "Pygasm.py", line 45, in OnInit
    self.main = Palette.PygasmFrame(NULL, -1, 'Pygasm - wxPython GUI Assembler')#, wxDefaultPosition, wxSize(700, 140))
  File "Palette.py", line 85, in __init__
    self.addTool('Images/Shared/Inspector', 'Inspector', 'Brings the Inspector to the front', self.OnInspectorToolClick)
  File "Palette.py", line 107, in addTool
    wxNullBitmap, false, -1, -1, text, help)
  File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/stattool.py", line 163, in AddTool
    val = apply(stattoolc.wxToolBarBase_AddTool,(self,) + _args, _kwargs)
TypeError: wxToolBarBase_AddTool requires at most 8 arguments; 9 given
Exception exceptions.TypeError: 'call of non-function (type None)' in <method wxImageListPtr.__del__ of wxImageList instance at 83288e0> ignored
Exception exceptions.TypeError: 'call of non-function (type None)' in <method wxImageListPtr.__del__ of wxImageList instance at 833afd0> ignored
Exception exceptions.TypeError: 'call of non-function (type None)' in <method wxBitmapPtr.__del__ of wxBitmap instance at 84c1eb8> ignored
Exception exceptions.TypeError: 'call of non-function (type None)' in <method wxBitmapPtr.__del__ of wxBitmap instance at 84d5220> ignored
Exception exceptions.TypeError: 'call of non-function (type None)' in <method wxBitmapPtr.__del__ of wxBitmap instance at 84f0a60> ignored
Exception exceptions.TypeError: 'call of non-function (type None)' in <method wxBitmapPtr.__del__ of wxBitmap instance at 84e1d28> ignored
Exception exceptions.TypeError: 'call of non-function (type None)' in <method wxBitmapPtr.__del__ of wxBitmap instance at 84c2510> ignored

--
Gary Greyling
Electric Genetics

Re: [wxPython] Pygasm

Robin Dunn
> Downloaded, unzipped, python Pygasm.py ....
>
> importing wxPython...
> imported wxPython
> imported Editor
> imported PaletteMapping
> imported Editor
> imported Inspector
> imported Palette
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "Pygasm.py", line 68, in ?
>     main()
>   File "Pygasm.py", line 63, in main
>     app = PygasmApp(0)
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/wx.py", line 1595, in
__init__
>     _wxStart(self.OnInit)
>   File "Pygasm.py", line 45, in OnInit
>     self.main = Palette.PygasmFrame(NULL, -1, 'Pygasm - wxPython GUI
Assembler')#, wxDefaultPosition, wxSize(700, 140))
>   File "Palette.py", line 85, in __init__
>     self.addTool('Images/Shared/Inspector', 'Inspector', 'Brings the
Inspector to the front', self.OnInspectorToolClick)
>   File "Palette.py", line 107, in addTool
>     wxNullBitmap, false, -1, -1, text, help)
>   File "/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/wxPython/stattool.py", line 163,
in AddTool
>     val = apply(stattoolc.wxToolBarBase_AddTool,(self,) + _args, _kwargs)
> TypeError: wxToolBarBase_AddTool requires at most 8 arguments; 9 given

wxPython's toolbar has changed slightly since Riaan released that version of
his code.  He will be releasing again in a week or two, but this should be an
easy thing to fix if you want to try it yourself.  See the note in wxPython's
CHANGES.txt about the toolbar.

[wxPython] Need some example code

Gary Greyling-2

    wxNotebook

Umm my head just does not want to wrap around this one. Could somebody send me
some example code please. Also where can one find some docs other that the C++
docs that come with wxPython

--
Gary Greyling
Electric Genetics

Re: [wxPython] Pygasm

Riaan Booysen
Hello,

"Mark W. Alexander" wrote:

> I also had this problem. I hacked around it, but am still
> having problems. I posted on the Pygasm list at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/forum/thread.php?thread_id=3170
>
> Which is the best place to discuss this, here or there?
>
> mwa

Sorry I wasn't paying much attention to the SourceForge forum, it's been quiet
there lately. I've turned monitoring on and should get any message posted
there from now on.

would like to hear about it and when my code sucks, please embarrass me on
SourceForge :)

Riaan

Re: [wxPython] Pygasm

Riaan Booysen
Gary Greyling wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would love to try Pygasm, but the Toolbar change killed it. Please could you
> give me some indication of when you will have it fixed ??

I'm releasing on the 29th of Feb. (keep your fingers crossed)

Riaan