wxPropertyGrid with Custom PGProperties: single button, radiobuttons/box, and/or slider

Vim

wxPropertyGrid with Custom PGProperties: single button, radiobuttons/box, and/or slider

Vim
Dear all,

I'm stuck on the following problem with respect to customizing a wx PropertyGrid and your help would be greatly appreciated!

In general, I want to be able to insert standard widgets into the value cells of a property grid. To give you an idea of what I mean exactly: I want the property grid to look like the following:

Hence, I want to be able to have the following widgets in the value cells:
- single button completely filling the cell,
- radiobox or series of radiobuttons, visible as shown in the above image (without selecting the cell first),
- slider with lowerbound, upperbound, and current values visible

Sadly, I'm unable to find any examples of how to achieve this and I'm unable to tweak existing variants of PGProperty to come near anything resembling the above. Any help would be greatly appreciated: examples, relevant documentation that is difficult to come by, code snippets of how it may be done for one or more of the widgets I mentioned, anything helpful really!

Thanks in advance :)

Kind regards,
Bram

cid:image001.png@01D4BE4E.16283F90

Hence, I want to be able to have the following widgets in the value cells:

- single button completely filling the cell,

- radiobox or series of radiobuttons, visible as shown in the above image (without selecting the cell first),

- slider with lowerbound, upperbound, and current values visible

Sadly, I'm unable to find any examples of how to achieve this and I'm unable to tweak existing variants of PGProperty to come near anything resembling the above. Any help would be greatly appreciated: examples, relevant documentation that is difficult to come by, code snippets of how it may be done for one or more of the widgets I mentioned, anything helpful really!

Thanks in advance :)

Kind regards,

Bram

[Steve Barnes]

Have you thought of using the AGW HyperTreeList control instead?

cid:image002.png@01D4BE4E.16283F90

Re: wxPropertyGrid with Custom PGProperties: single button, radiobuttons/box, and/or slider

john fabiani`
I'm not sure this is helpful but I believe I would start fresh - meaning I wouldn't  use the propertyGrid.
I would just create a frame with a panel.  One side I'd add the "KeyText1" and a place holder on the right (something like a static text with a matching background to the panel background) and when the user chooses a control replace the place holder with the control (then resize (autoLayout or just a regular LayOut).

Assuming you have access to python 2.7 you might take a look at Dabo's report designer where drag and drop is used to place controls on a report page.  I have not used it in years but it might help.

Johnf

imap://fabianijohn%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX/wxpython%3E9562?header=quotebody&part=1.2&filename=image001.png

imap://fabianijohn%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX/wxpython%3E9562?header=quotebody&part=1.3&filename=image002.png