wxGrid Column Sorting

J Mac
I have a grid of about 12 columns, most of them are numbers. I'm looking to sort all of the number columns. Is there an easy approach to this?

I think I'll turn the entire grid into a list of lists, then use lambda to sort, then refill the grid. Is that the best way?

Re: wxGrid Column Sorting

Rufus V. Smith
On 5/3/2014 1:58 PM, J Mac wrote:
I have a grid of about 12 columns, most of them are numbers. I'm looking to sort all of the number columns. Is there an easy approach to this?

I think I'll turn the entire grid into a list of lists, then use lambda to sort, then refill the grid. Is that the best way?
Are you sorting the columns individually, or are your looking for the "click the heading and sort the table on that field"  functionality.   If the latter, check out wx.lib.mixins.listctrl.ColumnSorterMixin

Aw: Re: [wxPython-users] wxGrid Column Sorting

Karsten Hilbert
On 5/3/2014 1:58 PM, J Mac wrote:
I have a grid of about 12 columns, most of them are numbers. I'm looking to sort all of the number columns. Is there an easy approach to this?

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout[https://groups.google.com/d/optout].Are you sorting the columns individually, or are your looking for the "click the heading and sort the table on that field"  functionality.   If the latter, check out wx.lib.mixins.listctrl.ColumnSorterMixin

The OP is talking about a grid.

Karsten

Re: Re: [wxPython-users] wxGrid Column Sorting

Rufus V. Smith
Oh thanks!  I managed to read the contents of the post without reading the subject line.

(I was thinking a listbox with columns forms a grid, and I have used this sorter mixin before)

For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout%5Bhttps://groups.google.com/d/optout%5D.Are" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='https://groups.google.com/d/optout%5Bhttps://groups.google.com/d/optout%5D.Are';return true;" onclick="this.href='https://groups.google.com/d/optout%5Bhttps://groups.google.com/d/optout%5D.Are';return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout[https://groups.google.com/d/optout].Are you sorting the columns individually, or are your looking for the "click the heading and sort the table on that field"  functionality.   If the latter, check out wx.lib.mixins.listctrl.ColumnSorterMixin