wx.tree

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

wx.tree

Nathan Smith
Hi there,

I'm recently working with wx.treeCtrl, and feel like I am missing
something obvious.

I'd like users to be able to tab out of the tree view, has I have a
number of buttons on the screen, and my users can not use the mouse.

Unfortunately, the styles I am using are not allowing this.

I've tried binding an event_char to the tree view but to little effect.

Am I missing a style?

Is there a work around?

Thanks

Nathan

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/49a248ef-a2f0-0a85-78d4-6c95cd96b77b%40gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wx.tree

Tim Roberts
Nathan smith wrote:
>
> I'm recently working with wx.treeCtrl, and feel like I am missing
> something obvious.
> I'd like users to be able to tab out of the tree view, has I have a
> number of buttons on the screen, and my users can not use the mouse.
> Unfortunately, the styles I am using are not allowing this.

Are you able to tab between other controls?  What I'm wondering is, is
this specific to the tree control, or do you have more generic tabbing
trouble?

--
Tim Roberts, [hidden email]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/cc6732e7-5553-3682-542d-5b44cc1d5918%40probo.com.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wx.tree

Nathan Smith
In reply to this post by Nathan Smith
So I figured out what the problem was.

I had:

wxTreeCtrl(self,

rather than wx.TreeCtrl(panel,

Oopsies!


I'm doing a conversion from wx.listctrl to wx.treectrl for this project,
and admit I'm stuck on these two points:

1. How do you verify an item is selected? In listctrl this would be
if(self.list.GetFocusedItem()!=-1)

But that produces an error in treectrl

and 2, how do you retrieve the focused item?

Any help appreciated.

Nathan

On 21/10/2019 12:46, Nathan smith wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm recently working with wx.treeCtrl, and feel like I am missing
> something obvious.
>
> I'd like users to be able to tab out of the tree view, has I have a
> number of buttons on the screen, and my users can not use the mouse.
>
> Unfortunately, the styles I am using are not allowing this.
>
> I've tried binding an event_char to the tree view but to little effect.
>
> Am I missing a style?
>
> Is there a work around?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nathan
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/6e96cb58-2990-ce98-addd-09ab1076f199%40gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: wx.tree

Tim Roberts
Nathan smith wrote:
>
>
> I'm doing a conversion from wx.listctrl to wx.treectrl for this
> project, and admit I'm stuck on these two points:
>
> 1. How do you verify an item is selected? In listctrl this would be
> if(self.list.GetFocusedItem()!=-1)
> But that produces an error in treectrl

     if ! self.tree.GetSelection().IsOk():


> and 2, how do you retrieve the focused item?

self.tree.GetSelection().

--
Tim Roberts, [hidden email]
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/57ca9025-e74b-7b0f-ec6f-eb831963b4f8%40probo.com.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment