wx.html.htmlhelp doesn't work

sebastian lópez
good afternoon

wx.html.Htmlhelp
control problem: I want to show support of an application using wx.html.Htmlhelp control, a process that is smooth, but does not display a window containing the html, this problem disappears when using debug and make a checkpoint at the site is added to the sizer control and resumed the software;
attached pictures of my problem, thanking someone could help me.

resulting frame

Expected frame <generated when i push a control point in the debugger>

--
Sebastián López

Re: wx.html.htmlhelp doesn't work

Robin Dunn
On 6/25/12 11:55 AM, sebastián wrote:
> good afternoon
>
> wx.html.Htmlhelp control problem: I want to show support of an
> application using wx.html.Htmlhelp control, a process that is smooth,
> but does not display a window containing the html, this problem
> disappears when using debug and make a checkpoint at the site is added
> to the sizer control and resumed the software;

Sorry, I don't fully understand what you are trying to say about using
debug and a checkpoint.  Please make a runnable, small as possible,
sample application that demonstrates the problem, and let us know the
platform and wx version. http://wiki.wxpython.org/MakingSampleApps

http://wxPython.org

Re: wx.html.htmlhelp doesn't work

sebastian lópez
Sorry my poor english,

I try to give a better description of my trouble:
If I run the software and then try to see the help window it appears blank, but when I run the program through a debuguer and if I stop the ejecution at a point before the help panel display and then I continued the software with its normal execution then the problem disappears.

I add a sample code

Thanks

2012/6/25 Robin Dunn <[hidden email]>
On 6/25/12 11:55 AM, sebastián wrote:
good afternoon

wx.html.Htmlhelp control problem: I want to show support of an
application using wx.html.Htmlhelp control, a process that is smooth,
but does not display a window containing the html, this problem
disappears when using debug and make a checkpoint at the site is added
to the sizer control and resumed the software;

Sorry, I don't fully understand what you are trying to say about using debug and a checkpoint.  Please make a runnable, small as possible, sample application that demonstrates the problem, and let us know the platform and wx version. http://wiki.wxpython.org/MakingSampleApps

http://wxPython.org

Sebastián López
Ingeniero Químico

helpSystem.zip (15K) Download Attachment

Re: wx.html.htmlhelp doesn't work

sebastian lópez
My os system is windows 7,
 Python 2.7.2, wx 2.9.3.1

On 6/26/12 10:54 AM, sebastián wrote:
> Sorry my poor english,
>
> I try to give a better description of my trouble:
> If I run the software and then try to see the help window it appears
> blank, but when I run the program through a debuguer and if I stop the
> ejecution at a point before the help panel display and then I continued
> the software with its normal execution then the problem disappears.
>
> I add a sample code

Try saving a reference to the HelpData object instead of using a local
variable for it.  In other words, use self.helpData instead of just
helpData.

Is there any particular reason you are creating your own window for this
instead of just using the HtmlHelpController?

http://wxPython.org

Re: wx.html.htmlhelp doesn't work

sebastian lópez
thank you so much

I did the change as you say and now it works, but still i don't understand why??

In the other hand i saw the HtmlHelpController as a control then i tried to embed the HtmlHelpController into a frame.

On 6/27/12 10:40 AM, sebastián wrote:
> thank you so much
>
> I did the change as you say and now it works, but still i don't
> understand why??
>
> In the other hand i saw the HtmlHelpController as a control then i tried
> to embed the HtmlHelpController into a frame.

You can use the HtmlHelpController to manage all of it for you.  If a
help frame or help window has not bet been associated with the
controller then it will create them itself when it needs to display a
help topic, or you can have it display the contents page, etc.  It will
manage the frame it creates for you.

http://wxPython.org