wx.dataview examples?

Henning Hraban Ramm
Hi all,
I’m trying to use wx.dataview (e.g. DataViewListCtrl) but don’t understand what I must do to connect to my data model(s), seems like every control needs a different setup, I’m confused if I need to implement DataViewListStore or just DataViewListModel or DataViewModel or whatever.
I couldn’t find any examples. At the moment my data is just a dict, but I’ll replace that with a database later.
Do you know of any working examples/howtos, or could you publish one? That would be a big help.

I’m using wxPython 4.0.0, Python 3.6 on OSX 10.9.5.

(I was used to work with dabo, but that’s quite dead unfortunately. And wxPython is the only current GUI framework that I could get running on my system.)

Greetlings, Hraban