wx.SpinCtrlDouble SetValue() processes an event (it is not supposed to do so)

wx.SpinCtrlDouble SetValue() processes an event (it is not supposed to do so)

Damien Ruiz
Hi,

First of all, some context:

Using Ubuntu 16.04 (gtk 2.24.30-1ubuntu1 and 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.1 are installed) and wxPython 3.0.3.dev2295+a108359 gtk2 (phoenix).

In the docs, it is written that:

Notice that, unlike wx.TextCtrl.SetValue , but like most of the other setter methods in wxWidgets, calling this method does not generate any events as events are only generated for the user actions.

But it does generate an event. Is it a bug?

I went through spinctrl.cpp files (there are only gtk and gtk1 directories, not sure if that changes anything) and it seems the functions that disable events are called...

Re: wx.SpinCtrlDouble SetValue() processes an event (it is not supposed to do so)

Scott Talbert
That does look like a bug.  I would report it on wxWidgets trac, though as
this isn't likely to be something specific to wxPython.