wx.ListCtrl and disabling an item

Donn Ingle
Hi,
 I have been scouring the docs and the net to find a way to disable
(grey-out) a single ListItem within a list control. I need to indicate that
a thing is still there, one just cannot choose it right now.

Any suggestions? I suppose I could change it's colour and somehow control
the focus, but I thought there'd be a simpler item.disable() kind of way.

\d

Re: wx.ListCtrl and disabling an item

Robin Dunn
Donn Ingle wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have been scouring the docs and the net to find a way to disable
> (grey-out) a single ListItem within a list control. I need to indicate that
> a thing is still there, one just cannot choose it right now.
>
> Any suggestions? I suppose I could change it's colour and somehow control
> the focus, but I thought there'd be a simpler item.disable() kind of way.

There is the wx.LIST_STATE_DISABLED state flag, but it doesn't seem to
be used at all in the C++ code...

http://wxPython.org  Java give you jitters?  Relax with wxPython!

Robin Dunn wrote:

> There is the wx.LIST_STATE_DISABLED state flag, but it doesn't seem to
> be used at all in the C++ code...
I always seems to hone-in on the stuff that widgets can't do. Like a guy who
always finds the potholes in a clean highway :)

\d

Re: wx.ListCtrl and disabling an item

Bob Klahn-2
At 07:44 PM 12/24/2007, Robin Dunn wrote:

>Donn Ingle wrote:
>>Hi,
>>  I have been scouring the docs and the net to find a way to disable
>>(grey-out) a single ListItem within a list control. I need to indicate that
>>a thing is still there, one just cannot choose it right now.
>>Any suggestions? I suppose I could change it's colour and somehow control
>>the focus, but I thought there'd be a simpler item.disable() kind of way.
>
>There is the wx.LIST_STATE_DISABLED state flag, but it doesn't seem
>to be used at all in the C++ code...
>--
>Robin Dunn
>Software Craftsman

Like Donn, I too think that this functionality should exist.  Many
other GUI packages provide it within their list controls.

So here's hoping.  A 2008 Christmas present perhaps?

Bob