weird "wxaddons" on pypi

firefox

so is "wxaddons" actually "wxPython"  as the description seems to indicate?

or is it an _addon_ _to_ wxPython, as you would think it is ?

any ways, it not even there:   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/wxaddons

easy_install --user wxaddons

Searching for wxaddons

Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/wxaddons/

No local packages or working download links found for wxaddons

error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('wxaddons')

pip install  wxaddons

Collecting wxaddons
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement wxaddons (from
versions: )

No matching distribution found for wxaddons

Re: weird "wxaddons" on pypi

Igor Korot
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:50 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> so is "wxaddons" actually "wxPython"  as the description seems to indicate?
>
> or is it an _addon_ _to_ wxPython, as you would think it is ?
>

> any ways, it not even there:   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/wxaddons

If you go there you will see it is for wx-2.6 series.

Thank you.

weird "wxaddons" on pypi -- outdated crap to remove ??

firefox
>> any ways, it not even there:   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/wxaddons

> If you go there you will see it is for wx-2.6 series.

to 99% of the world population, your answer does not make sense
whatsoever or enlighten it to the least.

This seems not to be an upload which makes any sense these days. Tell me
if I'm wrong.

Re: weird "wxaddons" on pypi -- outdated crap to remove ??

Igor Korot
Yes, it is outdated, as indicated by the message you received when
trying to install it.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 4:15 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> any ways, it not even there:   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/wxaddons
>

>> If you go there you will see it is for wx-2.6 series.
>

> to 99% of the world population, your answer does not make sense whatsoever
> or enlighten it to the least.
>
> This seems not to be an upload which makes any sense these days. Tell me if
> I'm wrong.

Re: weird "wxaddons" on pypi -- outdated crap to remove ??

Karsten Hilbert
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:15:21PM +0200, [hidden email] wrote:

> to 99% of the world population, your answer does not make sense whatsoever
> or enlighten it to the least.

99% of the world population couldn't care less. They are
looking for food, shelter, and generally a happy life.

Humbly,
Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

indication ? where ?

firefox

> Yes, it is outdated, as indicated by the message you received when
> trying to install it.

99% of world population will NOT understand such indication, should, in
fact, that "indication" actually be there.

Re: weird "wxaddons" on pypi -- outdated crap to remove ??

Alec Teal
You have not left the question in but it seems like it is worth saying:

Of the ~7bn people 1% constitutes 70,000,000 people, I would say this is
3 orders of magnitude out of those enlightened by wxWidgets.

I'd also like to praise wxPython as it really is better than wxWidgets
in some areas, like having a TreeListCtrl, wx still doesn't!

2.6 may be old but it works.

(Bitch about always using the latest version, stupid version numbers,
and how the knowledge of maintaining a branch is becoming lost - AND
JAVASCRIPT "developers")

(Bitch about QT)

Warmest regards,

Alec