threading with wx

Nathan Smith
Hi there.

I am in an interesting situation where I am using feedpasser in an RSS
program alongside wx python.

Obviously, however, the feedpasser causes wx to freeze while it loads.

i was curious as to whether you guys had some tips on how I could use
threading to solve this?

Code examples would be appreciated, as threading is rather a new subject
for me.

Thanks a lot!

Nate

Re: threading with wx

Dietmar Schwertberger-2
On 28.04.2019 02:03, Nathan smith wrote:
> I am in an interesting situation where I am using feedpasser in an RSS
> program alongside wx python.
> Obviously, however, the feedpasser causes wx to freeze while it loads.
> i was curious as to whether you guys had some tips on how I could use
> threading to solve this?
> Code examples would be appreciated, as threading is rather a new
> subject for me.

See here:

https://wiki.wxpython.org/LongRunningTasks
https://wiki.wxpython.org/Non-Blocking%20Gui

An alternative would be to use asyncio, but I'm not sure about the
status of asyncio in wxPython.
It was discussed some time ago:
http://wxpython-users.1045709.n5.nabble.com/wxpython-and-asyncio-td5728794.html#a5728819

Regards,