phoenix 4.0.1 uses "winid"

john fabiani`
Hi folks,

I wouldn't call this a bug - but why does "ScrollWidow" use 'winid' and not 'id' for the parameters???  It is not consistent with the most of the rest of the classes.

I may have discovered other similar such issues - so there may be a reason.  So anybody knows let me know please.

Johnf

Re: phoenix 4.0.1 uses "winid"

Tim Roberts
On Apr 15, 2018, at 7:59 PM, John Fabiani <[hidden email]> wrote:

I wouldn't call this a bug - but why does "ScrollWidow" use 'winid' and not 'id' for the parameters???  It is not consistent with the most of the rest of the classes.

Where do you see that?  The ScrollWindow function within wx.Window doesn't take a window identifier -- it scrolls its "self".  There is a ScrollWindow function in win32gui, but that takes a native operating system window handle, which is entirely different from a wx ID.
—

Re: phoenix 4.0.1 uses "winid"

Andrea Gavana
Hi,

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 at 09.03, Tim Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Apr 15, 2018, at 7:59 PM, John Fabiani <[hidden email]> wrote:

I wouldn't call this a bug - but why does "ScrollWidow" use 'winid' and not 'id' for the parameters???  It is not consistent with the most of the rest of the classes.

Where do you see that?  The ScrollWindow function within wx.Window doesn't take a window identifier -- it scrolls its "self".  There is a ScrollWindow function in win32gui, but that takes a native operating system window handle, which is entirely different from a wx ID.

I guess he is referring to wx.ScrolledWindow:

It’s probably a mixup betweeen the wxWidgets docs and the wxPython ones.

Andrea.

—

Re: phoenix 4.0.1 uses "winid"

john fabiani`

oops! should have been wx.ScrolledWindow.  Here is the signature

ScrolledWindow() ScrolledWindow(parent, winid=ID_ANY, pos=DefaultPosition, size=DefaultSize, style=ScrolledWindowStyle, name=PanelNameStr)

Notice that it has a "winid" and not a "id"

I see it when I attempt to use the scrolledwindow in a subclass.

Johnf

On 04/16/2018 12:03 AM, Tim Roberts wrote:
On Apr 15, 2018, at 7:59 PM, John Fabiani <[hidden email]> wrote:

I wouldn't call this a bug - but why does "ScrollWidow" use 'winid' and not 'id' for the parameters???  It is not consistent with the most of the rest of the classes.

Where do you see that?  The ScrollWindow function within wx.Window doesn't take a window identifier -- it scrolls its "self".  There is a ScrollWindow function in win32gui, but that takes a native operating system window handle, which is entirely different from a wx ID.
—

Re: phoenix 4.0.1 uses "winid"

Robin Dunn
It will be an easy fix as the wx.ScrolledWindow class is manufactured on the fly for wxPython. (in C++ it's a macro that evaluates to a template expansion IIRC.) I've created an issue for it so I don't forget about it.  https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/issues/816

--
Robin

Re: phoenix 4.0.1 uses "winid"

john fabiani`