now GET OFF BREEZE else you kill your WX

now GET OFF BREEZE else you kill your WX

firefox
get off Breeze rite now

it totally ruins your wx experience !

go for adwaita, Raleigh, XEMACS

Re: now GET OFF BREEZE else you kill your WX

firefox
On 21.06.2017 00:27, [hidden email] wrote:
> get off Breeze rite now
>

> it totally ruins your wx experience !
>

> go for adwaita, Raleigh, XEMACS

referring to themes and theming settings.

with a poor theme, tooltips may appear "grey letters on grey background"
which renders ALL wx-apps unuseable in one fell swoop.

resort to "high contrast" theme in such situations.

is there a way to test such a condition programmatically? must be...

On 24.06.2017 15:35, Fox wrote:

> On 21.06.2017 00:27, [hidden email] wrote:
>> get off Breeze rite now
>>

>> it totally ruins your wx experience !
>>

>> go for adwaita, Raleigh, XEMACS
>

> referring to themes and theming settings.
>
> with a poor theme, tooltips may appear "grey letters on grey background"
> which renders ALL wx-apps unuseable in one fell swoop.
>
> resort to "high contrast" theme in such situations.
>
> is there a way to test such a condition programmatically? must be...

Needless to say that Breeze is the standard theme on major Linux
distros, effectively rendering wx into something which gives you a very
poor first impression. What a disgrace.

Re: now GET OFF BREEZE else you kill your WX

Tim Roberts
On Jun 24, 2017, at 6:52 AM, Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 24.06.2017 15:35, Fox wrote:
On 21.06.2017 00:27, [hidden email] wrote:
get off Breeze rite now

it totally ruins your wx experience !

go for adwaita, Raleigh, XEMACS

referring to themes and theming settings.

with a poor theme, tooltips may appear "grey letters on grey background"
which renders ALL wx-apps unuseable in one fell swoop.

resort to "high contrast" theme in such situations.

is there a way to test such a condition programmatically? must be...

Needless to say that Breeze is the standard theme on major Linux
distros, effectively rendering wx into something which gives you a very
poor first impression. What a disgrace.

Dude, get a grip.  We get it.  You don't like the "Breeze" desktop theme.  Message received.  However, the choice of a desktop theme is entirely up to the user.  If they choose to make your application look like shit, that's their choice.  It is not up to you to override their choice, just because you find the color combinations distasteful.  Put an item in your release notes, if you want.

Now, move on to things you can control.
—

On 24.06.2017 20:43, Tim Roberts wrote:

> On Jun 24, 2017, at 6:52 AM, Fox <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> On 24.06.2017 15:35, Fox wrote:

>>> referring to themes and theming settings.
>>>
>>> with a poor theme, tooltips may appear "grey letters on grey background"
>>> which renders ALL wx-apps unuseable in one fell swoop.
>>>
>>> resort to "high contrast" theme in such situations.
>>>
>>> is there a way to test such a condition programmatically? must be...
>>
>> Needless to say that Breeze is the standard theme on major Linux
>> distros, effectively rendering wx into something which gives you a very
>> poor first impression. What a disgrace.
>
> Dude, get a grip.  We get it.  You don't like the "Breeze" desktop
> theme.  Message received.  However, the choice of a desktop theme is
> entirely up to the user.  If they choose to make your application look
> like shit, that's their choice.  It is not up to you to override their
> choice, just because you find the color combinations distasteful.  Put
> an item in your release notes, if you want.

Dude, this is not about my "likings".

This is about the major distros shipping Breeze by default, which
clearly BREAKS wx, when it comes to tooltip colour scheme as well as at
least one more runtime error about a "line" picture file - which go away
once one has switched to the Adwaita theme.

Breeze simply sucks and ought to be replaced with stuff that works.

Re: now GET OFF BREEZE else you kill your WX

Igor Korot
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 4:23 AM, Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24.06.2017 20:43, Tim Roberts wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 24, 2017, at 6:52 AM, Fox <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

>>> Needless to say that Breeze is the standard theme on major Linux
>>> distros, effectively rendering wx into something which gives you a very
>>> poor first impression. What a disgrace.
>>

>> Dude, get a grip.  We get it.  You don't like the "Breeze" desktop theme.
>> Message received.  However, the choice of a desktop theme is entirely up to
>> the user.  If they choose to make your application look like shit, that's
>> their choice.  It is not up to you to override their choice, just because
>> you find the color combinations distasteful.  Put an item in your release
>> notes, if you want.
>

> Dude, this is not about my "likings".
>
> This is about the major distros shipping Breeze by default, which clearly
> BREAKS wx, when it comes to tooltip colour scheme as well as at least one
> more runtime error about a "line" picture file - which go away once one has
> switched to the Adwaita theme.
>
> Breeze simply sucks and ought to be replaced with stuff that works.

Who cares?????

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 7:05 AM, Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 4:23 AM, Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 24.06.2017 20:43, Tim Roberts wrote:

>>> Dude, get a grip.  We get it.  You don't like the "Breeze" desktop theme.
>>> Message received.  However, the choice of a desktop theme is entirely up to
>>> the user.  If they choose to make your application look like shit, that's
>>> their choice.  It is not up to you to override their choice, just because
>>> you find the color combinations distasteful.  Put an item in your release
>>> notes, if you want.
>>

>> Dude, this is not about my "likings".
>>
>> This is about the major distros shipping Breeze by default, which clearly
>> BREAKS wx, when it comes to tooltip colour scheme as well as at least one
>> more runtime error about a "line" picture file - which go away once one has
>> switched to the Adwaita theme.
>>
>> Breeze simply sucks and ought to be replaced with stuff that works.
>
> Who cares?????

Besides you of course!!!!