multiple selection from a long list

dhyams
I have a situation in which I have a relatively long list, and the user needs to select multiple items from that list.  I've tried wxComboPopup paired with wxCheckListBox, but the result is very unwieldy and just doesn't work well.

So I was wondering if anyone had implemented (in wxPython/wxWidgets), or had pointers to, anything like the following two controls:

https://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/ (see the multiple select control)

or

http://loopj.com/jquery-tokeninput/

such a control would be very useful!