how to change bundled data file pyinstaller on execute

how to change bundled data file pyinstaller on execute

איתי לב

I'm making onefile executables with pyinstaller on windows 10. I'm including data files (pickle files) by editing the .spec file...

How can I store changes made to these files during run time? My understanding is that the data files are copied to a temp directory during execution. I can read from the files using the path I get from sys._MEIPASS but the changes I write are lost after restarting the program.

Is there a way to write to pickle files stored inside the exe?