gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

zylyco
Hi all,

I use wxPython Phoenix 4.0.2a1.dev3763, and Python 3.5.3, on various Linux (Mageia, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Debian)

If I use a TextControl with a value larger than the control size, when scrollbars appear, I have this message :

gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

I join the source code for test.

Is it a wxGTK issue ?
Can it be fixed in wxPython Phoenix ?

Thanks in advance

test-TextCtrol.py (1K) Download Attachment

Re: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

Tim Roberts

I use wxPython Phoenix 4.0.2a1.dev3763, and Python 3.5.3, on various Linux (Mageia, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora, Debian)

If I use a TextControl with a value larger than the control size, when scrollbars appear, I have this message :

gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

But the app still works, right?  GTK is a wordy little thing that issues an awful lot of relatively useless warning messages to stdout.  They ought to create a gtk.log file instead, but they don't.  In general, these messages can be ignored.

Re: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

zylyco

But the app still works, right?  GTK is a wordy little thing that issues an awful lot of relatively useless warning messages to stdout.  They ought to create a gtk.log file instead, but they don't.  In general, these messages can be ignored.

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, the code works well.

I just wanted to point it out, in case it could be fixed to improve wxPython.

It's just a little annoying to get this message when I test my code: I thought I made a coding error.

See you