expand grid to panel

Tom B
Attached is an example I pulled off web but shows my problem as well, although I have a lot of splitter windows.   There is a wx.grid in a panel and when the panel expands, the grid stays in the same place.  There must be a simple way to tie the grid size to panel size.   Any help is appreciated, I've spent lots of time trying different solutions..

Thanks
Tom

expg.py (3K) Download Attachment

Re: expand grid to panel

Tim Roberts
Tom B wrote:
> Attached is an example I pulled off web but shows my problem as well,
> although I have a lot of splitter windows.   There is a wx.grid in a
> panel and when the panel expands, the grid stays in the same place.
>  There must be a simple way to tie the grid size to panel size.   Any
> help is appreciated, I've spent lots of time trying different solutions..

The grid control itself expanding.  Your columns and rows stay the same
size, because the grid has no idea how you want to handle it.  If you
want the individual rows and columns to grow proportionally, you will
have to grab the EVT_SiZE event and size the columns yourself.