cmp() in many places???

johnf
I have discovered that python2 cmp() are still in several files like:
line 10378 in ultimatelistctrl.py.  This fact has me concerned that the linux wheel I used was not best?  I used

wxPython-4.0.1-cp36-cp36m-linux_x86_64.whl

Anybody have some info on this????  Could it be that we are still using old code within the wheel???
Johnf

Re: cmp() in many places???

Scott Talbert
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018, John Fabiani wrote:

> I have discovered that python2 cmp() are still in several files like:line
> 10378 in ultimatelistctrl.py.  This fact has me concerned that the linux
> wheel I used was not best?  I used
>
> wxPython-4.0.1-cp36-cp36m-linux_x86_64.whl
>

> Anybody have some info on this????  Could it be that we are still using old
> code within the wheel???

Looks like no:
https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix/blob/master/wx/lib/agw/ultimatelistctrl.py#L10378

Re: cmp() in many places???

On Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 7:55:18 AM UTC-7, johnf wrote:
I have discovered that python2 cmp() are still in several files like:
line 10378 in ultimatelistctrl.py.  This fact has me concerned that the linux wheel I used was not best?  I used

wxPython-4.0.1-cp36-cp36m-linux_x86_64.whl

Anybody have some info on this????  Could it be that we are still using old code within the wheel???

There are a few Python2-specific things scattered around the codebase. When you run into them please create a fix that works with both 2 and 3 and submit a PR to the GitHub project. Or at least create an issue if you're not able to do a PR.

--
Robin