Wx python html element?

Nathan Smith
Hi there,
I am working on an application which has to handle ansi codes like those you receive in html websites, telnet, or text-based multi user dungeons.
One method I read talked about replacing the ansi codes with html codes, which I thought was genius.
I had a question.
I have an output box, which is currently a read only textctrl.
Is there a html version of this? Or do I use textctrl and it understands the html properly? Or how should I work this.
Thanks
Nate

Re: Wx python html element?

Tim Roberts
Nathan Smith wrote:
> I am working on an application which has to handle ansi codes like those you receive in html websites, telnet, or text-based multi user dungeons.

Do you mean the ANSI terminal escape codes, like "ESC [ 38 ; 5 ; 101" to
select red?  I don't know how you would get those from a website, but
that's not important.

> One method I read talked about replacing the ansi codes with html codes, which I thought was genius.
> I had a question.
> I have an output box, which is currently a read only textctrl.
> Is there a html version of this? Or do I use textctrl and it understands the html properly? Or how should I work this.

You might take a look at wx.HtmlWindow.  It's both more and less than
what you need, but it might serve your purpose.

You might also look at wx.StyledTextCtrl.  It doesn't use HTML, but it's
a relatively standard way of implementing styled text.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Wx python html element?

Nathan Smith
Hi Tim,
Thanks for that suggestion, I might have been getting my wires crossed a little, who knows.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I shall look into those.
Thanks
Nate