Where is a phoenix documentation (or help files) for download?

Where is a phoenix documentation (or help files) for download?

merl em
As I said in the subject, where is a phoenix documentation (or help files) for download?
I am offline during work, so I'm depending on something I have available directly. (I tried to use the old wxpython documentation furthermore, but it seems that there are too many differences now.)

Thanks for all help,
Merlem

help files

firefox

file:///P/wx/wxPython-src-3.0.2.0/docs/index.htm

try that one !

Re: help files

merl em
I would really like to, but I only get

Fehler: Server nicht gefunden

Der Server unter file konnte nicht gefunden werden.

    Bitte überprüfen Sie die Adresse auf Tippfehler, wie ww.example.com statt www.example.com
    Wenn Sie auch keine andere Website aufrufen können, überprüfen Sie bitte die Netzwerk-/Internetverbindung.
    Wenn Ihr Computer oder Netzwerk von einer Firewall oder einem Proxy geschützt wird, stellen Sie bitte sicher, dass Firefox auf das Internet zugreifen darf.

Thanks again from
Merlem

16.06.2017, 14:20, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>:

file:///P/wx/wxPython-src-3.0.2.0/docs/index.htm

try that one !

Re: Where is a phoenix documentation (or help files) for download?

Dietmar Schwertberger-2
On 6/16/17 1:58 PM, merl em wrote:
> As I said in the subject, where is a phoenix documentation (or help
> files) for download?
See https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/ for documentation, the
demo and some additions like debug symbol files.
Always take the demo with you when you work offline!

Unfortunately, there's nothing such compact as the old .chm file.

Regards,

Dietmar

Re: Where is a phoenix documentation (or help files) for download?

merl em
Thank you very much for your advice.

Unfortunately, I am not able to 'decipher' the snapshot names for finding which one contains the documentation I need. And my attemps to install phoenix from a whl file always failed with some error.

The demo isn't very helpful in many things, unfortunately, as it often contains too many other things around the command I am searching helf for, and no comments about why something works or don't works, what is necessary and what can be left out, and so on. I use it daily already for trouble shooting but too often without success. I need something more 'straightforward' supplementary.

For the old wxpython, I was able to create a local (offline) mirror of the html pages, but that is forbidden now as far as it seems?

Best greetings from
Merlem

16.06.2017, 14:45, "Dietmar Schwertberger" <[hidden email]>:

On 6/16/17 1:58 PM, merl em wrote:

 As I said in the subject, where is a phoenix documentation (or help
 files) for download?

See https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/ for documentation, the
demo and some additions like debug symbol files.
Always take the demo with you when you work offline!

Unfortunately, there's nothing such compact as the old .chm file.

Regards,

Dietmar

Re: Where is a phoenix documentation (or help files) for download?

merl em
Sorry... another search of the page was more sucessful. Please Ignore my last message, I found it now.

Many thanks oncemore from

Merlem

Re: help files

merl em
As it overlaps with this thread: I was successful in getting the help files.

Thanks also to you very much again,
Merlem

16.06.2017, 14:20, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>:

file:///P/wx/wxPython-src-3.0.2.0/docs/index.htm

try that one !

Re: Where is a phoenix documentation (or help files) for download?

Metallicow-2

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 7:56:00 AM UTC-5, merl em wrote:
Thank you very much for your advice.

Unfortunately, I am not able to 'decipher' the snapshot names for finding which one contains the documentation I need. And my attemps to install phoenix from a whl file always failed with some error.

The demo isn't very helpful in many things, unfortunately, as it often contains too many other things around the command I am searching helf for, and no comments about why something works or don't works, what is necessary and what can be left out, and so on. I use it daily already for trouble shooting but too often without success. I need something more 'straightforward' supplementary.

For the old wxpython, I was able to create a local (offline) mirror of the html pages, but that is forbidden now as far as it seems?

Best greetings from
Merlem

16.06.2017, 14:45, "Dietmar Schwertberger" <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Ye7oFCLqAgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">mail...@...>:

See <a href="https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwxpython.org%2FPhoenix%2Fsnapshot-builds%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGs2z0GQMFcVszP83kmSrdVIcO9Pg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwxpython.org%2FPhoenix%2Fsnapshot-builds%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGs2z0GQMFcVszP83kmSrdVIcO9Pg&#39;;return true;">https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/ for documentation, the
demo and some additions like debug symbol files.
Always take the demo with you when you work offline!

Unfortunately, there's nothing such compact as the old .chm file.

Regards,

Dietmar

Online:  https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/docs/html/main.html
Offline Downloads(library, demo, docs, src, dbg): https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/
GitHub: https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix

Also the .whl files are nothing but simple zip files. You can use 7zip to open them and extract the wx directory contained within if you have problems installing with other means.

Re: Where is a phoenix documentation (or help files) for download?

Robin Dunn
Metallicow wrote:

> Online:  https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/docs/html/main.html
> Offline Downloads(library, demo, docs, src,
> dbg): https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/
> GitHub: https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix

And for the release version of the docs you can go to
https://docs.wxpython.org/, or the docs and demo archives for the
releases can be download from
https://wxpython.org/Phoenix/release-extras/. Official release binaries

NOTE: We're having some issues currently with one of the other services
running on the wxpython.org server so it will likely be very slow
(somewhat sporadically) until we can get that moved elsewhere...

http://wxPython.org