Virtual environement : pipenv or venv unable to work

Virtual environement : pipenv or venv unable to work

chris tophe
Hi,
what is the command line to make a virt.env. on linux  with wx ???

I tried with pipenv and venv.

my project import wxpython and youtube_dl .

thanks !

Re: Virtual environement : pipenv or venv unable to work

Robin Dunn
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 9:24:56 AM UTC-7, chris tophe wrote:
Hi,
what is the command line to make a virt.env. on linux  with wx ???

I tried with pipenv and venv.

my project import wxpython and youtube_dl .

1. To create a virtual environment:

    python3.7 -m venv MyPy37

2. To activate that environment and ensure that it is then the python that is found by default:

    source MyPy37/bin/activate
    which python
    python -c "import sys; print(sys.prefix)"

3. If your linux distro is one for which we build binary wheels, then you can install wxPython with a command like this:

    pip install -U -f https://extras.wxpython.org/wxPython4/extras/linux/gtk3/ubuntu-18.04 wxPython

3b. Otherwise you can build your own wheel with help from the information here: https://wxpython.org/blog/2017-08-17-builds-for-linux-with-pip/index.html

4. Test that your venv python can find the wx module:

    python -c "import wx; print(wx.version())"

--
Robin