Using wxPython (Phoenix) with Ides.

Randall Smith-2
I'm in the process of converting a medium-sized tool from wxPython Classic to Phoenix. One serious problem for me is that the new release does not seem to support my IDE's lookup and completion functionality.  This is one of the things that made the original development go reasonably quickly, and I'm worried that additional work on the code will be difficult or impossible without it (I'm using PyDev in Eclipse, but I imagine everyone has the same problem since the SIP-generated wxPython release seems to lack actual Python files to be indexed.)

This problem was apparently anticipated by Robin in his original thoughts about Phoenix; he hoped that "some workaround would be available".

Code development via indexing code development environments is pretty much of a must-have to get anything done these days.  Is there a workaround that anyone knows of?  Seems like Phoenix is a huge step backwards for users if not.

Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions anyone has.

Re: Using wxPython (Phoenix) with Ides.

Robin Dunn
On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 8:11:21 PM UTC-7, Randall X Smith wrote:
[...]

wxPython 4 includes .pyi files which are the standard for providing additional information about Python modules. They are basically stubbed Python files that mimic the classes and methods and such which are provided by the binary extension modules. I don't know about PyDev, but PyCharm, VSCode and others are support them and are able to pull info to use in call tips and autocomplete lists. Maybe there is an option you can turn on to have PyDev use them, or some other plugin that can be installed.

--
Robin

Re: Using wxPython (Phoenix) with Ides.

Mario Lacunza-2
HI,

Whats your problem with Pydev? Im using it with Phoenix and no issues, are you add/autoconfig the new interpreter?

Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Email:: [hidden email]
Personal Website:: http://www.lacunza.biz/