Trouble with setting toolbar color

Michael Barron-2
Can someone help me understand why toolbar.SetBackgroundColour("orange") isn't working for me?

Thanks, Mike

panelTest.py (659 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Trouble with setting toolbar color

Michael Barron-2
Using Arch Linux by the way.

On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 12:42:34 PM UTC-5, barronmo wrote:
Can someone help me understand why toolbar.SetBackgroundColour("orange") isn't working for me?

Thanks, Mike

Re: Trouble with setting toolbar color

Igor Korot
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 1:46 PM, barronmo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Using Arch Linux by the way.

I don't think GTK toolbar (any toolbar, for that matter) supports
changing the background
colour.
Try wxAuiToolbar as it is a custom control.

Thank you.

> On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 12:42:34 PM UTC-5, barronmo wrote:
>>
>> Can someone help me understand why toolbar.SetBackgroundColour("orange")
>> isn't working for me?
>>
>> Thanks, Mike

Re: Trouble with setting toolbar color

ignace danneels
I once encountered a similar issue.
If I recall correctly, the reason is that the definition of the color differs between Windows versions.
Then depending on what Windows version you are using and the definition RGB definition of the color in wxPython, it may or may not display correctly.
I searched the Windows definition of the color, then used the RGB version rather than 'orange'.

Blue Flash.

Hope that helps