TimeCtrl in wx3

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TimeCtrl in wx3

Paul Wiseman
I noticed a bit of odd behaviour when upgrading to wxPython 3.0.1.1
with the wx.lib.masked.TimeCtrl.

Namely 3 things,
- Using colon / tab to change the selection did weird things - to
recreate type '11:'  in the timectrl __name__ __main__ demo then begin
typing again.
- Clicking or moving the cursor to a different field, then
incrementing with the spin control or arrow keys incremented where the
cursor used to be
- 24hr format was always being used for me, despite passing False to
the constructor.

I took a look at the issues and created patches for the 3 bugs which
I've attached.

Whats the normal process of getting these reviewed / applied? Should I
make a ticket on wxwidgets tracker?

Thanks!

Paul

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

maskededit.patch (1K) Download Attachment
timectrl.patch (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TimeCtrl in wx3

werner-3
Hi Paul,

On 9/22/2014 17:39, Paul Wiseman wrote:

> I noticed a bit of odd behaviour when upgrading to wxPython 3.0.1.1
> with the wx.lib.masked.TimeCtrl.
>
> Namely 3 things,
> - Using colon / tab to change the selection did weird things - to
> recreate type '11:'  in the timectrl __name__ __main__ demo then begin
> typing again.
> - Clicking or moving the cursor to a different field, then
> incrementing with the spin control or arrow keys incremented where the
> cursor used to be
> - 24hr format was always being used for me, despite passing False to
> the constructor.
>
> I took a look at the issues and created patches for the 3 bugs which
> I've attached.
>
> Whats the normal process of getting these reviewed / applied? Should I
> make a ticket on wxwidgets tracker?
For wxPython classic I would create a ticket on
http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ post the above with the ticket number to the
wxPython-dev list.

For wxPython phoenix I would just create PR's (Pull Request) on
https://github.com/RobinD42/Phoenix/pulls and give the above details on
the PR.

Werner

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TimeCtrl in wx3

Paul Wiseman
Thanks Werner,

I guess I'm using classic? (wx.version() says classic)

On 22 September 2014 16:52, Werner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
>
> On 9/22/2014 17:39, Paul Wiseman wrote:
>>
>> I noticed a bit of odd behaviour when upgrading to wxPython 3.0.1.1
>> with the wx.lib.masked.TimeCtrl.
>>
>> Namely 3 things,
>> - Using colon / tab to change the selection did weird things - to
>> recreate type '11:'  in the timectrl __name__ __main__ demo then begin
>> typing again.
>> - Clicking or moving the cursor to a different field, then
>> incrementing with the spin control or arrow keys incremented where the
>> cursor used to be
>> - 24hr format was always being used for me, despite passing False to
>> the constructor.
>>
>> I took a look at the issues and created patches for the 3 bugs which
>> I've attached.
>>
>> Whats the normal process of getting these reviewed / applied? Should I
>> make a ticket on wxwidgets tracker?
>
> For wxPython classic I would create a ticket on http://trac.wxwidgets.org/
> post the above with the ticket number to the wxPython-dev list.
>
> For wxPython phoenix I would just create PR's (Pull Request) on
> https://github.com/RobinD42/Phoenix/pulls and give the above details on the
> PR.
>
> Werner
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "wxPython-users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [hidden email].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TimeCtrl in wx3

werner-3
Hi Paul,

On 9/22/2014 17:55, Paul Wiseman wrote:
> Thanks Werner,
>
> I guess I'm using classic? (wx.version() says classic)
Wasn't aware that 'classic' is shown, if you had phoenix it would be
something like this:

import wxversion
wxversion.select('3.0-phoenix', True)
import wx
wx.version()
'3.0.2.dev77483 msw (phoenix)'

Phoenix is not officially released, and there are only snapshots
available for it.

If you want to to try it and test and provided patches:) you have the
documentation here:

http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/docs/html/main.html

and you can install it with pip:

pip install -U --pre -f http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/ 
wxPython_Phoenix

Werner

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TimeCtrl in wx3

Paul Wiseman
On 22 September 2014 17:10, Werner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On 9/22/2014 17:55, Paul Wiseman wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Werner,
>>
>> I guess I'm using classic? (wx.version() says classic)
>
> Wasn't aware that 'classic' is shown, if you had phoenix it would be
> something like this:
>
> import wxversion
> wxversion.select('3.0-phoenix', True)
> import wx
> wx.version()
> '3.0.2.dev77483 msw (phoenix)'
>
> Phoenix is not officially released, and there are only snapshots available
> for it.
>

Ah thanks I didn't realise that somehow, I just thought 3.x was phoenix.

> If you want to to try it and test and provided patches:) you have the
> documentation here:
>
> http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/docs/html/main.html
>
> and you can install it with pip:
>
> pip install -U --pre -f http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/
> wxPython_Phoenix
>

I'll look at patching phoenix and creating some pull requests.

I posted the wxwidgets tracker link to wxPython-dev list but it
doesn't appear to have shown up? I've never posted there before so
maybe I don't have permissions?

>
> Werner
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "wxPython-users" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [hidden email].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TimeCtrl in wx3

werner-3
Hi Paul,

On 9/22/2014 18:21, Paul Wiseman wrote:
...
> I posted the wxwidgets tracker link to wxPython-dev list but it
> doesn't appear to have shown up? I've never posted there before so
> maybe I don't have permissions?
I do see it.  How did you post it, if from a mail client with you gmail
account I think you will not get it to your mail client.

Werner

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TimeCtrl in wx3

Nathan McCorkle


On Monday, September 22, 2014 10:43:07 AM UTC-7, werner wrote:
Hi Paul,

On 9/22/2014 18:21, Paul Wiseman wrote:
...
> I posted the wxwidgets tracker link to wxPython-dev list but it
> doesn't appear to have shown up? I've never posted there before so
> maybe I don't have permissions?
I do see it.  How did you post it, if from a mail client with you gmail
account I think you will not get it to your mail client.


 I see it, probably first-time posts are queued for manual approval to reduce/prevent spam.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TimeCtrl in wx3

Robin Dunn
Nathan McCorkle wrote:

> I see it, probably first-time posts are queued for manual approval to
> reduce/prevent spam.

That's correct.


--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman
http://wxPython.org

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: TimeCtrl in wx3

Florian Höch
In reply to this post by werner-3
Am 22.09.2014 um 18:10 schrieb Werner:
> pip install -U --pre -f http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/

Thanks for this. I wasn't even aware that it is so easy to test out
Phoenix without building it myself :)

I've updated an application I develop for Phoenix compatibility now and
was very pleased that it didn't require many changes (although I'm using
a compatibility layer that re-implements some removed/renamed functions
because I need compatibility with wxPython 2.8.x and 3.x classic).

The only problem I ran into with Phoenix has to do with
wx.lib.delayedresult, i.e. sometimes I am getting a traceback like the
following (this is under Windows 7 x64, Python 2.7.6 win32, Phoenix
3.0.2.dev77756):

Exception in thread Thread-4:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\threading.py", line 763, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx\lib\delayedresult.py", line
276, in wrapper
    sender.sendResult(result)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx\lib\delayedresult.py", line
112, in sendResult
    delayedResult = DelayedResult(result, jobID=self.__jobID)
AttributeError: SenderCallAfter instance has no attribute '_Sender__jobID'

I'd love to post a minimal example that demonstrates the issue, but so
far I'm having a hard time tracking it down (it seems to not be
reproducible at will).

Anyone else had a similar problem?

--
Florian Höch

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "wxPython-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.