Tab order

Raffaello
In wxPython is it possible to skip through controls using the tab key and if so, how can be set the tab order?

Re: Tab order

Mike Driscoll-2
Hi Raffaello,
> In wxPython is it possible to skip through controls using the tab key
> and if so, how can be set the tab order?

Yes, it is. However, as I recall if you port to Windows then all the
controls have to have a wx.Panel as their parent. The tab order is the
order in which the widgets are instantiated (i.e. created). There is no
way to change tab order after they're created. Some widgets can't be
tabbed to, such as StaticText controls.

I think that about covers it. Hopefully I haven't mis-spoken. But if I
have, someone will jump to my rescue.

-------------------
Mike Driscoll

Blog:   http:\\blog.pythonlibrary.org
Python Extension Building Network:     http:\\www.pythonlibrary.org

Re: Tab order

Paul McNett ∅
Mike Driscoll wrote:

> Hi Raffaello,
>> In wxPython is it possible to skip through controls using the tab key
>> and if so, how can be set the tab order?
>

> Yes, it is. However, as I recall if you port to Windows then all the
> controls have to have a wx.Panel as their parent. The tab order is the
> order in which the widgets are instantiated (i.e. created). There is no
> way to change tab order after they're created. Some widgets can't be
> tabbed to, such as StaticText controls.
>
> I think that about covers it. Hopefully I haven't mis-spoken. But if I
> have, someone will jump to my rescue.

window_to_move.MoveBeforeInTabOrder(window)
and
window_to_move.MoveAfterInTabOrder(window)

Paul

Paul McNett wrote:

> Driscoll wrote:
>> Hi Raffaello,
>>> In wxPython is it possible to skip through controls using the tab
>>> key and if so, how can be set the tab order?
>>

>> Yes, it is. However, as I recall if you port to Windows then all the
>> controls have to have a wx.Panel as their parent. The tab order is
>> the order in which the widgets are instantiated (i.e. created). There
>> is no way to change tab order after they're created. Some widgets
>> can't be tabbed to, such as StaticText controls.
>>
>> I think that about covers it. Hopefully I haven't mis-spoken. But if
>> I have, someone will jump to my rescue.
>
> window_to_move.MoveBeforeInTabOrder(window)
> and
> window_to_move.MoveAfterInTabOrder(window)
>
> Paul

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I got my information either from the WiA
book or from Robin himself. Good to know though.

-------------------
Mike Driscoll

Blog:   http:\\blog.pythonlibrary.org
Python Extension Building Network:     http:\\www.pythonlibrary.org

Re: Tab order

Robin Dunn
Mike Driscoll wrote:

> Paul McNett wrote:
>> Driscoll wrote:
>>> Hi Raffaello,
>>>

>>> Yes, it is. However, as I recall if you port to Windows then all the
>>> controls have to have a wx.Panel as their parent. The tab order is
>>> the order in which the widgets are instantiated (i.e. created). There
>>> is no way to change tab order after they're created. Some widgets
>>> can't be tabbed to, such as StaticText controls.
>>>
>>> I think that about covers it. Hopefully I haven't mis-spoken. But if
>>> I have, someone will jump to my rescue.
>>
>> window_to_move.MoveBeforeInTabOrder(window)
>> and
>> window_to_move.MoveAfterInTabOrder(window)
>>
>> Paul

> Interesting. I'm pretty sure I got my information either from the WiA
> book or from Robin himself. Good to know though.

Those methods are fairly recent additions, within the last year or two
if I remember correctly.

http://wxPython.org  Java give you jitters?  Relax with wxPython!