Synched RichTextCtrl

Christian Bodt
Hi,

I would like to synch the contents of 2 RichTextCtrls over the internet (like a shared text editor).
Would anyone have an idea if this is possible, or on an alternative approach?
I the RichTextCtrl there are events like "EVT_RICHTEXT_CONTENT_INSERTED", or "EVT_RICHTEXT_CONTENT_DELETED", but I don't have the feeling you can easily extract the data from it (handling text+style + images, etc...). You have GetRange(), but then how could you extract the data in some re-insertable format?
I have read the source code, and investigated but I find it very technical.
Does anyone have some experience with this?

Thanks,
Christian

Re: Synched RichTextCtrl

David Woods-3
You might try using EVT_KEY_UP and passing character position and key pressed using a socket connection. It seems like a simpler approach.

Good luck, and let me know if it works.

David