Setting different color background and text in wx.ListCtrl column 0 [header]

Setting different color background and text in wx.ListCtrl column 0 [header]

Ton Ph
Hi everyone ,
  I have been trying to serach a simple style syntax for making the header ie: column number zero of wx.ListCtrl in wxpython
to set its background color and text in different color and style .. also the text [font color] in different color.
Thanks in advance ,

regards
anil

Re: Setting different color background and text in wx.ListCtrl column 0 [header]

Mike Driscoll

On Aug 5, 4:03 pm, Anil Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone ,
>   I have been trying to serach a simple style syntax for making the header
> ie: column number zero of wx.ListCtrl in wxpython
> to set its background color and text in different color and style .. also
> the text [font color] in different color.
> Thanks in advance ,
>
> regards
> anil

As far as I know, the wx.ListCtrl does not support that behavior. The
UltimateListCtrl might and if not, you can hack it for that sort of
thing, I think...

Re: Re: Setting different color background and text in wx.ListCtrl column 0 [header]

Ton Ph
Thanks mike for the suggestion , if we have to hack it can you please where can i get such kind of guides ... what i
 was thinking was that i could get a simple syntax like style = " bla bla" ... Please do guide me.
Thanks for your concern,

anil ph

On Aug 5, 5:19 pm, Anil Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks mike for the suggestion , if we have to hack it can you please where
> can i get such kind of guides ... what i
>  was thinking was that i could get a simple syntax like style = " bla bla"
> ... Please do guide me.
> Thanks for your concern,
>
> anil ph

The nice thing about the UltimateListCtrl is that it's pure python,
not SWIGGed C++. So you can use Python to add or remove features,
change the way it draws to the screen, etc. You'd need to read the
source to figure it out though.

Re: Re: Setting different color background and text in wx.ListCtrl column 0 [header]

Ton Ph
Thanks mike  ... but i would like to enquire one thing is that , in each row i want to handle a click evnt so that i can work on each row click a function.Can you please tell me if ultimateListCtrl will serve my purpose  .... Thanks

regards,
anil ph

On Aug 6, 8:43 am, Anil Sharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks mike  ... but i would like to enquire one thing is that , in each row
> i want to handle a click evnt so that i can work on each row click a
> function.Can you please tell me if ultimateListCtrl will serve my purpose
> .... Thanks
>
> regards,
> anil ph

You should be able to use click events just like you do with any other
widget.