SetLayoutDirection Doesn't Work On Mac

tsmorton
On Windows with wx 3.0.2 SetLayoutDirection works as expected in htmlWindow. SetLayoutDirection(2) will allow me to display RTL texts. However, with the same version on Mac it does not work. It is always the default LTR. Plus GetLayoutDirection always returns 0 even after SetLayoutDirection(2) is supposedly set.

Was this feature missed on the Mac build? Is there a fix or workaround?

Thanks,
TIm

Re: SetLayoutDirection Doesn't Work On Mac

David Woods-3

IIRC, it's been that way for a long time, which is why I support Arabic on Windows but not Mac in my program.

I also never had any luck mixing directions, for example showing Arabic text in one RichTextCtrl and showing the English translation in another RichTextCrtl in the same application.  The text itself was okay, but punctuation and formatting got very, very squirrelly.

David