Scrolledwindow freeze my pc

sebastian lópez
I'm trying to display around 100 staticbitmap size 32x32 and also 100 statictex inside a scrolledwindow panel, so the panel creación is succesfull but the most of times it freeze my pc with 8gb of RAM.
My purpose is to create a thumbnail by using a list of PIL images.

I'm using python 2.7 and wxpython 32bit v 3.0.2.0. So i need to know what can i do?

Re: Scrolledwindow freeze my pc

Andrea Gavana

Il martedì 5 gennaio 2016, sebastián lópez <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
I'm trying to display around 100 staticbitmap size 32x32 and also 100 statictex inside a scrolledwindow panel, so the panel creación is succesfull but the most of times it freeze my pc with 8gb of RAM.
My purpose is to create a thumbnail by using a list of PIL images.

I'm using python 2.7 and wxpython 32bit v 3.0.2.0. So i need to know what can i do?

Re: Scrolledwindow freeze my pc

sebastian lópez
I'd like to know if thumbnailcontrol .ShowDir method has an equivalente one similar to .showPilImages(self, PIL_image_list) where PIL_image_list id a list containing PIL images

Re: Scrolledwindow freeze my pc

Tim Roberts
sebastián lópez wrote:
> I'd like to know if thumbnailcontrol .ShowDir method has an equivalente one similar to .showPilImages(self, PIL_image_list) where PIL_image_list id a list containing PIL images

No, it was designed to be like Windows Explorer, where it shows
thumbnails for a set of real files.  However, you have the source code.
You can certainly derive your own subclass.