RichTextCtrl crashing interpreter on Windows XP

RichTextCtrl crashing interpreter on Windows XP

alexander
Has anyone ever experienced crashes related to the RichTextCtrl on Windows XP? When attempting to run the RichTextCtrl demo, it crashes the application with no stacktrace.
I'm using wx.version is 3.0.0.0 msw (classic) on 32 bit Python 2.7.9.

Even attempting to import and instantiate a RichTextCtrl object crashes the application.

Does anyone have any potential avenues I can investigate, because I'm out of ideas.

C M

Re: RichTextCtrl crashing interpreter on Windows XP

C M

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 11:58 AM, alexander <[hidden email]> wrote:
Has anyone ever experienced crashes related to the RichTextCtrl on Windows XP? When attempting to run the RichTextCtrl demo, it crashes the application with no stacktrace.
I'm using wx.version is 3.0.0.0 msw (classic) on 32 bit Python 2.7.9.

Even attempting to import and instantiate a RichTextCtrl object crashes the application.

Does anyone have any potential avenues I can investigate, because I'm out of ideas.

Huh. I just tried not exactly the same versions, but close, and it doesn't crash:

wxPython 3.0.2.0
Python 2.7.3, 32 bit
Windows XP SP3

If no one else chirps in with suggestions, I can try it with Python 2.7.9, though I doubt that is going to matter.

Is the rest of the wxPython demo working for you? Is that how you're running the RichTextCtrl demo, through the wxPython Demo?

Che

Re: RichTextCtrl crashing interpreter on Windows XP

nepix32
On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 5:58:07 PM UTC+1, alexander wrote:
Has anyone ever experienced crashes related to the RichTextCtrl on Windows XP? When attempting to run the RichTextCtrl demo, it crashes the application with no stacktrace.
I'm using wx.version is 3.0.0.0 msw (classic) on 32 bit Python 2.7.9.
Even attempting to import and instantiate a RichTextCtrl object crashes the application.

See this post from Robin Dunn:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/wxpython-users/3.0.1/wxpython-users/DCWJ_klDnIA/zcHqZDaYMekJ
I also had crashes on XP/3.0.0.0 msw-classic on some widgets (not on Win8.1!) which went away when gowing to a newer version.

As Che M pointed out, you should be fine with 3.0.2 (which is officially released)