Re: [[wxPython] OGL gotchas]

Niki Spahiev-3
"Arnold deVos" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am experimenting with OGL and I've noticed a few gotchas, perhaps others
> have experience they can share...
>
> 1. wxShape.Erase seems to paint-out the shape with white no matter what the
> canvas bg colour and no matter what DC I pass. You can see this if you
> change the canvas bg in the ogl demo to something other than white, and
then
> move a shape about.
>
> A bug in wxWindows (rather than wxPython) I suppose?

I have got same problem with wxTree and previous version of wxPython. I am
using custom gray background for windows on NT. It was honored in labels of
wxTree but not as background. Now (2.1.5) it is honored nowhere.

Niki Spahiev
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: [[wxPython] OGL gotchas]

Robin Dunn
> I have got same problem with wxTree and previous version of
> wxPython. I am using custom gray background for windows on NT.
> It was honored in labels of wxTree but not as background. Now
> (2.1.5) it is honored nowhere.

Are you sure?  I just changed my default window background color to light
blue and the wxTreeControl works as exepected.  The whole background is
light blue, not just behind the text.  Works everywhere else I expect it to
as well, except the grid, but that is changing.