Re: [wxPython] FreeBSD? (success!)

Gregory Velichansky
Hey, thanks! After banging on it for a little while longer, I finally got
a working library. :)

You might notice that misc2.o isn't the only thing not being included
below. There were a couple of other files (printfw.o, image.o). libpy.o,
libptr.o, and helpers.cpp weren't being linked in anywhere. I ended up
compiling libpy.c and libptr.c by hand with c++ with -DSWIG_GLOBAL and
linking their .o files along with helpers.o into wxcmodule.o.

Also, misc2.o, printfw.o, and image.o weren't even being generated. No
rule had been created in the make file to generate them. It might just be
my fault since I really don't understand the mechanism by which the
makefile gets generated. (I'll rtfm, I swear... as soon as I find the
m...)

If anyone cares, the makefile and shared libraries are at
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~gvelicha/freebsd-wxpy.tar.gz
although utilscmodule.so is probably broken.
(or just http://www.wam.umd.edu/~gvelicha/Makefile )

Anyway, thanks again.

Greg Velichansky

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Robin Dunn wrote:

> > The makefile rule to link wxcmodule.so had to be modified to:
> > c++ -shared  wx.o helpers.o windows.o events.o misc.o gdi.o mdi.o
> > controls.o controls2.o windows2.o cmndlgs.o frames.o stattool.o windows3.o
> > -DSEPARATE -L/home/hmaon/wxGTK/lib/Linux -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lwx_gtk-2.1
> > -lgtk12 -lgdk12 -lglib12 -lXext -lX11 -o wxcmodule.so
> >

> Add misc2.o here.
>
> --
> Robin Dunn
> Software Craftsman
> [hidden email]
> http://AllDunn.com/robin/
> http://AllDunn.com/wxPython/  Check it out!

Re: [wxPython] FreeBSD? (success!)

Robin Dunn

> Also, misc2.o, printfw.o, and image.o weren't even being generated. No
> rule had been created in the make file to generate them. It might just be
> my fault since I really don't understand the mechanism by which the
> makefile gets generated. (I'll rtfm, I swear... as soon as I find the
> m...)

Did you use the new Setup.in file that was part of the release, or a
previously generated Setup file?