RE: [wxPython] Re:Providing professional support and other nice t hings

RE: [wxPython] Re:Providing professional support and other nice t hings

Mike  Fletcher
I would imagine our company would be willing to pay $150 to $300 or so for a
basic support contract (i.e. just an assurance that reported bugs will be
dealt with in some timely manner), assuming we ever use wxPython in a
shipping product (currently it is just me playing with it). More than that
and we would likely switch to using C++ guis (cross platform operation is
only a minimal attraction for us).

Note: the company would likely want this to be an "all-in-1" contract (i.e.
not one covering wxPython, one covering wxWindows etc.)
Note: a reputable third party mechanism for payment makes it easier for the
accounting departments (sending checks to individuals raises the spectre of
embezzlement). A firm which has registered with an online payment system at
least has a paper trail they can track down in case of embezzlement charges.

To sell the package within the company, I would need to show that it
provides benefit beyond what the C++ packages offer.  Currently that benefit
is ease of use (though a dialog editor with support for the sizers would be
far more compelling on this front) from Python (which we use for our
in-house processing scripts, but not for our products). The quality of the
package is also a significant question.  With a company rather religiously
focused on polished appearance (see www.tpresence.com to get the idea), the
ability to create a polished graphical user interface is something of a
requirement.

Enjoy yourselves,
Mike