Propertygrid TAB ctrl

sebastian lópez
Hello.

I'm using the propertygrid Control and I want to know if is there a way to move the cursor from one field to another field by using the TAB key. Because the control Behavior changes from the propertyGrid Control to another control in the gui.

Actually the users have to use the mouse to navigate through the propertygrid Ctrl so I guess this becomes into a bad user experience.

PropertyGrid.png (153K) Download Attachment

Re: Propertygrid TAB ctrl

Umar Yusuf
Am not sure if this is possible by defualt in wxPython. However, someone provided a solution in C++ at: http://kiwigis.blogspot.com.ng/2009/05/adding-tab-key-support-to-propertygrid.html

On Thursday, June 30, 2016, sebastián lópez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello.

I'm using the propertygrid Control and I want to know if is there a way to move the cursor from one field to another field by using the TAB key. Because the control Behavior changes from the propertyGrid Control to another control in the gui.

Actually the users have to use the mouse to navigate through the propertygrid Ctrl so I guess this becomes into a bad user experience.

**************************************

*Wouldn't you rather do Business with us?  *
privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
original. Any use of the email by you is prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail immediately.

Re: Propertygrid TAB ctrl

Matt Newville

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:45 PM, sebastián lópez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello.

I'm using the propertygrid Control and I want to know if is there a way to move the cursor from one field to another field by using the TAB key. Because the control Behavior changes from the propertyGrid Control to another control in the gui.

Actually the users have to use the mouse to navigate through the propertygrid Ctrl so I guess this becomes into a bad user experience.

Might be too obvious, but: Does it work to add wx.TAB_TRAVERSAL to the style when creating the propertygrid?  I don't recall ever using propertygrid myself, but tab traversal works with many controls.