PropertyGridManager causes segmentation fault

PropertyGridManager causes segmentation fault

Claudia Frank

Hello,

I do have a strange behavior (most likely a misunderstanding about how to use it correctly) when using the propertygrid manager.
Some background infos first.
I do have an working app built with wxPython 3.0.2.0 GTK (classic) which uses the propertygridmanager class
and the way how I implemented it without a problem.
Now I 'm in the process of converting it to use wxPython 4.0.0a1 and I do get a segmentation fault when running the app.

I tracked down that the following code is causing this

        self.propview = wxpg.PropertyGridManager(self,
                                                 id
=wx.ID_ANY,
                                                 pos
=wx.DefaultPosition,
                                                 size
=wx.DefaultSize,
                                                 style
=wxpg.PG_BOLD_MODIFIED |
                                                       wxpg
.PG_SPLITTER_AUTO_CENTER |
                                                       wxpg
.PG_TOOLBAR |
                                                       wxpg
.PG_DESCRIPTION |
                                                       wxpg
.PGMAN_DEFAULT_STYLE)

Trying to track it further down I created a standalone app using the same code and here the code works but with different results.

Using classic results in this http://i.imgur.com/5AMenrN.png
but using version 4 results in this http://i.imgur.com/CeiM5Mr.png

But NO seg fault.

Attached the code which I use.

What I'm looking for is how to track down why my app does something which causes this seg fault.
Any ideas what I could do?
Note, I'm using linux ubuntu.

Cheers
Claudia

__init__.py (7K) Download Attachment

Re: PropertyGridManager causes segmentation fault

Dietmar Schwertberger-2
On 18.04.17 23:58, Claudia Frank wrote:
> What I'm looking for is how to track down why my app does something
> which causes this seg fault.
> Any ideas what I could do?
Does the related demo work for you?
I'm on Windows and PropertyGridManager does not work for me either
(Python 3.5 in 32 or 64 bit). I get crashes as soon as I run the related
demo or when I try to use it from another program.

Regards,

Dietmar

On 20.04.17 01:00, Claudia Frank wrote:
> but YES,if I run the demo standalone, meaning calling python run.py
> PropertyGrid.py.
> I do have to ack some assertions
Yes, that's also what Robin found: standalone is OK, embedded in demo.py
crashes.
So you should have a look at bug #200. When it gets closed, you should
try your program again.

Regards,

Dietmar

Re: PropertyGridManager causes segmentation fault

Claudia Frank

Thank you very much - I will keep an eye on it.

Cheers
Claudia

Re: PropertyGridManager causes segmentation fault

Claudia Frank
Can confirm that latest build ('4.0.0a3 gtk2 (phoenix)') solved the issue.

Thank you very much
Claudia