PropertyGrid Demo crash

Michael Ernst-2
Hello,

I am trying to implement my own PGEditor instance and I am running in some trouble. I can also see my problem in the demo, so I would like to know if it is my setup that is causing the problem.

I tried it using:
Python 2.7 (64 Bit), Python 3.6 (32 Bit)
wxPython final (4.0.0)
Newest demo from the source repository
Windows 10 64Bit

As soon as the function GetValueFromControl is overloaded, the resulting editor will crash when actually editing a value. It is not enough to only display it. It affects the demo of the properties ImageFileWithLargeEditor and StringWithCustomEditor of the demo as well. The other custom editors do not overload the function, so they are working fine.

I tried to debug this problem using PyCharm, but the debugger never reaches the function, so it seems to be somewhere in the library itself.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there a way around it?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: PropertyGrid Demo crash

Michael Ernst-2
Hello,

I created a minimal example to redproduce this (mostly taken from the demo itself).

To get the crash:
  • Edit the property value
  • Press enter or click outside
Michael

pgEditorCrash.py (4K) Download Attachment