OnLinkClicked messages do not appear

Bill Bell
The code displays the initial HTML file. When I click on the link the other HTML file is displayed. However, OnLinkClicked is not exercised.

I seem to find the same peculiar behaviour in the demo for HtmlWindow. When I click on a link I see activation messages in the log window but no OnLinkClicked messages.

Have I finally lost it?

temp.py (1K) Download Attachment

Re: OnLinkClicked messages do not appear

Tim Roberts
Bill Bell wrote:
> The code displays the initial HTML file. When I click on the link the
> other HTML file is displayed. However, OnLinkClicked is not exercised.
>
> I seem to find the same peculiar behaviour in the demo for HtmlWindow.
> When I click on a link I see activation messages in the log window but
> no OnLinkClicked messages.
>
> Have I finally lost it?

Did you see this note in the documentation?

    OnLinkClicked( self, link )
        Overloading this method is deprecated; intercept the event instead.

When I bind to the EVT_HTML_LINK_CLICKED event, your handler fires as
expected.

Re: OnLinkClicked messages do not appear

Bill Bell

No, sir, I didn't! Thanks very much.