No module named ._core

Robert McFadzean
I just started migrating to python 3.7 and wxpython 4.0.1.  I get the error: No module named 'wx._core'.  When I look in the core.py module there is the line:  from ._core import *, but I don't see that module anywhere.  Where is the _core module?

Re: No module named ._core

Robin Dunn
On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 8:04:14 PM UTC-7, Robert McFadzean wrote:
I just started migrating to python 3.7 and wxpython 4.0.1.  I get the error: No module named 'wx._core'.  When I look in the core.py module there is the line:  from ._core import *, but I don't see that module anywhere.  Where is the _core module?

It's a binary extension module, not regular Python code. The name of the file will depend on your platform, but it should be in the same folder as the core.py module. Look for _core.*.pyd on Windows, and _core.*.so on the other platforms.

If the file is there then perhaps you are trying to use it on the wrong architecture? If the file is not there then you have a problem with the build and/or installation. Where did you get wxPython and how did you do the install?

--
Robin

Re: No module named ._core

Mario Lacunza-2
are you using python3 for run your script or just python?

Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Email:: [hidden email]
Personal Website:: http://www.lacunza.biz/
Hosting:: http://mlv-host.com/
Skype: mlacunzav

Lima - Peru

El sáb., 6 de oct. de 2018 a la(s) 17:45, Robert McFadzean ([hidden email]) escribió:
[...]

Running python3.7

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 17:24, Mario Lacunza <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

6016 50 Ave
Vermilion AB  T9X 1X2
780-853-3563

Re: No module named ._core

Robin Dunn
On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 7:10:58 PM UTC-7, Robert McFadzean wrote:
Running python3.7

Looks like that build is for Python 3.6, (based on the "36m" in the extension's filename).

        _core.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so

--
Robin

Re: No module named ._core

Mario Lacunza-2
upss.. I press the send button too much faster :D

AND you need to compile wxPython for it, its very simple is you can read the guide.