Minimal (non)working example: menu does not display

Minimal (non)working example: menu does not display

Rich Shepard
   Please excuse cross-posting; after responding to a python mail list
(mirror of comp.lang.python) I realized this is probably a wxPython issue
and not a Python3 issue.

   The attached test file has a wx.Frame(), status bar, and one menu to be
attached to the menu bar. The menu does not display, only the frame and
status bar.

   There is no traceback and running the code from within pdb does not
display an error. I am not seeing what I've done incorrectly and need to
learn what that is.

Rich

test.py (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Minimal (non)working example: menu does not display

Karsten Hilbert
On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 07:51:15AM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

> The attached test file has a wx.Frame(), status bar,
> and one menu to be attached to the menu bar.

You also need to attach the menu bar to the frame.

Karsten

Re: Minimal (non)working example: menu does not display [FIXED]

Rich Shepard
On Sat, 28 Apr 2018, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> You also need to attach the menu bar to the frame.

Karsten,

   Thank you. I totally missed seeing this in the demo and didn't realize it
was missing.

Much appreciated,

Rich