ListCtrl Column Drag on Ubuntu

mccoder.man
Hi,

I am developing a tool that uses the ListCtrl module. This tool is supposed to be able to run on Windows and Ubuntu and exhibit the same behaviour on both platforms. I have tested it on Windows and it works fine, but on the Ubuntu version the drag and drop for the columns does not work. I have done what I can reduce issues from version differences, Python and wxPython are the same for both platforms. I even used the demo on Ubuntu just to see if it was an issue with my code and the demo does the same thing.

So is this normal, or a known bug, or is there something I have to do in order to make this work?

Don't know if this is needed but the environment I am using is as follows:

Ubuntu: 16.04 LTS 64-Bit
Python: 2.7.12
wxPython: 3.0

Thank you in advance.

Signed,
Alex

Re: ListCtrl Column Drag on Ubuntu

Karsten Hilbert
On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 01:31:43PM -0700, [hidden email] wrote:

> So is this normal, or a known bug, or is there something I have to do in
> order to make this work?

You need to provide _way_ more information.

Such as a minimal working example, the exact problem you are
seeing, and what you want to see happen.

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: ListCtrl Column Drag on Ubuntu

mccoder.man
Instead of providing an example can I instead point to the wxPython demo module for the ListCtrl.. In it you can click on the the column header using the Left-Mouse button and hold down whlie dragging. If you do this you can change the order of the columns. This works if you run the demo on Windows but not on Ubuntu.

If this is not enough I can try to extract a working sample from the tool.

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 01:31:43PM -0700, <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="Bh8Nu_36AwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">mccod...@... wrote:

--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ <a href="http://eu.pool.sks-keyservers.net" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Feu.pool.sks-keyservers.net\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHH-WzSJsxHtOoeYAkrceun47rQ_Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Feu.pool.sks-keyservers.net\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHH-WzSJsxHtOoeYAkrceun47rQ_Q&#39;;return true;">eu.pool.sks-keyservers.net

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 02:42:15PM -0700, [hidden email] wrote:

> Instead of providing an example can I instead point to the wxPython demo
> module for the ListCtrl.. In it you can click on the the column header
> using the Left-Mouse button and hold down whlie dragging. If you do this
> you can change the order of the columns. This works if you run the demo on
> Windows but not on Ubuntu.

I see. If that's the case I am inclined to conclude that the
GTK widget may not natively support that so you may need to
implement it on your own with the help of EVT_COL_DRAG etc.

Karsten
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

Re: ListCtrl Column Drag on Ubuntu

John Fabiani
I'm not complete sure but I believe you need to base your grid control on wx.grid.Grid.  I haven't used wxPython in a while.  I did check my grid control in Dabo (dGrid) and was able to move the columns (re-arrange the columns) using the left button on the mouse on Linux.  You might want to check the code out at https://dabodev.com/