Linux configure fails on GStreamer

Robin Friedrich
ON Red Hat Linux

Using the new build-wxpython.py --install and it stubs its toe on
GStreamer. GST is installed btw some I'm curious why it doesn't find
it, but never mind I wanted to get the build done.
Tried:
./configure --prefix=$INSTALLDIR --disable-mediactrl --enable-rpath=
$LD_RUN_PATH
in hopes configure would would not demand GStreamer, no joy.
So what I need is a way to tell the auto builder to not use GST.
__ideas__?
-Robin Friedrich

...snip.....
checking for CAIRO... yes
checking for GST... configure: WARNING: GStreamer 0.10 not available,
falling back to 0.8
checking for GST... configure: WARNING: GStreamer 0.8/0.10 not
available.
configure: error: GStreamer not available
Error running configure
ERROR: failed building wxWidgets
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build-wxpython.py", line 329, in <module>
    wxbuild.main(wxscript, build_options)
  File "/home/rfriedri/oss/wxPython-src-2.9.1.1/build/tools/build-
wxwidgets.py", line 270, in main
    "Error running configure")
  File "/home/rfriedri/oss/wxPython-src-2.9.1.1/build/tools/build-
wxwidgets.py", line 35, in exitIfError
    raise builder.BuildError, msg
BuildError

Re: Linux configure fails on GStreamer

Robin Dunn
On 11/18/10 12:04 PM, Robin Friedrich wrote:

> ON Red Hat Linux
>
> Using the new build-wxpython.py --install and it stubs its toe on
> GStreamer. GST is installed btw some I'm curious why it doesn't find
> it, but never mind I wanted to get the build done.
> Tried:
> ./configure --prefix=$INSTALLDIR --disable-mediactrl --enable-rpath=
> $LD_RUN_PATH
> in hopes configure would would not demand GStreamer, no joy.
> So what I need is a way to tell the auto builder to not use GST.
> __ideas__?

You can either change the options passed to configure in the
build-wxwidgets.py script (which is called by build-wxpython.py) located
in {WXROOT}/build/tools/, or if you run configure manually in the build
folder that the build scripts use, then you can pass --no_config to
build-wxpython.py to prevent it from trying to run configure again

> -Robin Friedrich
>
> ...snip.....
> checking for CAIRO... yes
> checking for GST... configure: WARNING: GStreamer 0.10 not available,
> falling back to 0.8
> checking for GST... configure: WARNING: GStreamer 0.8/0.10 not
> available.
> configure: error: GStreamer not available
> Error running configure

IIRC there is an additional dependency that GStreamer has that is not
reported, but that can cause the configure check to fail.  I think it
was gconf-devel or something like that.

http://wxPython.org

Re: Linux configure fails on GStreamer

Robin Friedrich
Thanks Robin,
The build-wxwidgets.py modification technique worked like a champ!
It might be nice to have the master build script pass through config
options somehow.
(I couldn't quite understand which directory to configure manually
to try the --no-config technique.)

On Nov 18, 4:25 pm, Robin Dunn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/18/10 12:04 PM, Robin Friedrich wrote:
>
> > ON Red Hat Linux
>
> > Using the new build-wxpython.py --install and it stubs its toe on
> > GStreamer. GST is installed btw some I'm curious why it doesn't find
> > it, but never mind I wanted to get the build done.
> > Tried:
> > ./configure --prefix=$INSTALLDIR --disable-mediactrl --enable-rpath=
> > $LD_RUN_PATH
> > in hopes configure would would not demand GStreamer, no joy.
> > So what I need is a way to tell the auto builder to not use GST.
> > __ideas__?
>
> You can either change the options passed to configure in the
> build-wxwidgets.py script (which is called by build-wxpython.py) located
> in {WXROOT}/build/tools/, or if you run configure manually in the build
> folder that the build scripts use, then you can pass --no_config to
> build-wxpython.py to prevent it from trying to run configure again
>
> > -Robin Friedrich
>
> > ...snip.....
> > checking for CAIRO... yes
> > checking for GST... configure: WARNING: GStreamer 0.10 not available,
> > falling back to 0.8
> > checking for GST... configure: WARNING: GStreamer 0.8/0.10 not
> > available.
> > configure: error: GStreamer not available
> > Error running configure
>
> IIRC there is an additional dependency that GStreamer has that is not
> reported, but that can cause the configure check to fail.  I think it
> was gconf-devel or something like that.
>
> --
> Robin Dunn
> Software Craftsmanhttp://wxPython.org

Re: Linux configure fails on GStreamer

bosmith
I get the same problem on CentOS5.

Taking the "--enable-mediactrl" option out allows me to compile.

I don't see a gconf-dev package for CentOS5 to try the other solution

Robin Dunn wrote
On 11/18/10 12:04 PM, Robin Friedrich wrote:
> ON Red Hat Linux
>
> Using the new build-wxpython.py --install and it stubs its toe on
> GStreamer.

You can either change the options passed to configure in the
build-wxwidgets.py script (which is called by build-wxpython.py) located
in {WXROOT}/build/tools/,

IIRC there is an additional dependency that GStreamer has that is not
reported, but that can cause the configure check to fail.  I think it
was gconf-devel or something like that.

Re: Linux configure fails on GStreamer

Andrew Stone
For searches, this will install everything you need to compile wxPython-src-2.9.3.1 on Ubuntu 11.10 or Mint 12:

sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx libglu1-mesa libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgstreamer0.10-dev libgconf2-dev libsdl1.2-dev zlib1g-dev libjpeg62-dev libtiff4-dev python-gst0.10-dev