Legacy versions of wxpython (and python, pyserial etc...)

Legacy versions of wxpython (and python, pyserial etc...)

Rufus V. Smith
I have a Wiindows 2000 professional virtual machine on my Macbook that I'd like to set up python and wxpython
and pyinstaller on so I can create executables for legacy windows systems.

All my google-fu hasn't come up with a definitive list of the most recent versions that maintain
compatibility with win2k for those programs/libraries mentioned.  Basically I would like to support:

Python 2.7 (and possibly Python 3.x)
wxpython
pyserial
sockets (I don't think this is a problem)
pyinstaller (or py2exe if pyinstaller unavailable)

I think I have a version of python 2.7 that works, but it has been a lot of trial-and-error of different versions.  I
don't really want to go through that on all the packages.  Does anyone out there know of definitive lists
of version compatibility for any or all of the packages mentioned?

Thanks.

Rufus