Interested in getting started with wxPython, should I be using the Phoenix version?

Interested in getting started with wxPython, should I be using the Phoenix version?

MasayoMusic
Hi I have two questions:

Should I be using the Phoenix version?

I am interested in creating a text editor with simple voice commands as a personal project.
Does anyone have good resources/tutorials for building a text editor?

Thank you so much.

Re: Interested in getting started with wxPython, should I be using the Phoenix version?

Scott Talbert
On Tue, 9 Apr 2019, MasayoMusic wrote:

> Hi I have two questions:
> Should I be using the Phoenix version?

Yes, you should.  The "Classic" version is no longer maintained and only
supports Python 2.  All new development should be using Phoenix.

Scott

MasayoMusic wrote:

> I am interested in creating a text editor with simple voice commands
> as a personal project.
> Does anyone have good resources/tutorials for building a text editor?

The wxStyledTextCtrl in wx is a wrapper around the Scintilla text editor
component.  It is an excellent starting point that gets you 90% of the
way to a full text editor, and there are tutorials and examples across
the interwebs.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment