I like Phoenix

Joshua Kelly
I must thank the devs for making Phoenix.  Having a package compatible with pip really streamlined the install procedure, especially on OS X.  Prior, getting wxPython was the number one issue with deployment of my software.  What would be great is a standard way to run it from a virtualenv.  I figured it out, but it is a little hacky.  Otherwise, thanks for the great work!

Re: I like Phoenix

Matt Newville
Hi Joshua,

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 4:11 AM, Joshua Kelly <[hidden email]> wrote:
I must thank the devs for making Phoenix.  Having a package compatible with pip really streamlined the install procedure, especially on OS X.  Prior, getting wxPython was the number one issue with deployment of my software.  What would be great is a standard way to run it from a virtualenv.  I figured it out, but it is a little hacky.  Otherwise, thanks for the great work!

Was it not simply

    ~> virtualenv test_env
    ~> source test_env/bin/activate
    (test_env) ~> pip install wxPython
    (test_env) ~> python -c 'import wx ; print(wx.PlatformInfo) ; print(wx.__version__)'
    (u'__WXMAC__', u'wxMac', u'unicode', u'unicode-wchar', u'wxOSX', u'wxOSX-cocoa', u'wx-assertions-on', u'phoenix', u'wxWidgets 3.0.4')
    4.0.0b2

I think it's meant to work that way.  And it did work that way for me.

Hope that helps,

--Matt