How to use wxPython on linux ubuntu with Python 3.5

How to use wxPython on linux ubuntu with Python 3.5

Leonardo Furtado
I started using wxPython on windows, and I liked it a lot. However when trying to install ubuntu 16 linux there are always different errors (I tried several tutorials before arriving here).
Does anyone use wxPython with Ubuntu and python3?

Re: How to use wxPython on linux ubuntu with Python 3.5

Mario Lacunza-2
me, no problem at all installing it and using both versions, search previuos messages, there's a PPA with the latest Phoenix for Python 3

Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Email:: [hidden email]
Personal Website:: http://www.lacunza.biz/
Hosting:: http://mlv-host.com/
Skype: mlacunzav

Lima - Peru

I started using wxPython on windows, and I liked it a lot. However when trying to install ubuntu 16 linux there are always different errors (I tried several tutorials before arriving here).
Does anyone use wxPython with Ubuntu and python3?

Re: How to use wxPython on linux ubuntu with Python 3.5

Scott Talbert
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018, Leonardo Furtado wrote:

> I started using wxPython on windows, and I liked it a lot. However when
> trying to install ubuntu 16 linux there are always different errors (I tried
> several tutorials before arriving here).
> Does anyone use wxPython with Ubuntu and python3?

Assuming you're using 16.04, if you just want to install some prebuilt
packages, you can use this PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~swt-techie/+archive/ubuntu/wxpython4

Scott

Re: How to use wxPython on linux ubuntu with Python 3.5

Dietmar Schwertberger-2
On 3/8/2018 11:17 PM, Leonardo Furtado wrote:
I started using wxPython on windows, and I liked it a lot. However when trying to install ubuntu 16 linux there are always different errors (I tried several tutorials before arriving here).
Does anyone use wxPython with Ubuntu and python3?

Did the instructions on the download page not work for you? I've successfully followed them on several Linux platforms.

https://wxpython.org/pages/downloads/

Section "Yes, we have Linux Wheels. Sort of.":

pip install -U \
    -f https://extras.wxpython.org/wxPython4/extras/linux/gtk3/ubuntu-16.04 \
    wxPython

Regards,